Counts, Cuts, Moves and Subtlety
Here at long last is a book of basic counts, moves and maneuvers that are used primarily in tricks with small packets of cards. If you know nothing of basic card magic, this book will instruct you. Many of the basic counts such as the Elmsley Count, Jordan Count, Haback Count, Spirit Count, etc. are described. The Ascanio Spread and many other moves and false counts are also included.
This book is intended as a basic book for the card man -- experienced as well as beginner. The book is typeset, perfect bound, and is illustrated with 79 clear photographs. 73 pages. Larry West wrote the introduction to the book-he was the false countingest guy of which we know. He said that the book fills a real need.
Introduction by Larry West
Chapter 1: Undercuts&Reversals:
- Double Undercut: control to top or bottom
- Braue Reversal: reverse one or more cards
- Concealed Reversal: addition to Braue Reversal
Chapter 2: Counts, Move and Subtlety:
- The Biddle Move (Elmer Biddle): remove one card from a group while counting
- Hammon Count (Brother John Hammon): Switch one packet for another while counting
- Veeser Count (Bob Veeser): variation of the Elmsley Count
- Another Count: conceal bottom card of four
- Flushtration Move (Brother John Hammon): apparently show all backs
- Haback Count (Phil Goldstein AKA Max Maven): Show 5 as five, but some hidden
- Olram Subtlety (Ed Marlo): Show cards while hiding one
- Downs Change (T. Nelson Downs): change of one card for another
- True or False (Jack Chanin): false count
Chapter 3: Elmsley, Jordan, Etc.
- The Elmsley Count (Alex Elmsley): Also known as the "Ghost Count", Counting 4 as 4.
- The Jordan Count (Charles T. Jordan): another 4 as 4 count
- The Siva Count (Jack Avis): conceals center card of a 5 card packet
- Open Count (John Murray): conceal 3rd card of 4
- Smile Count (Larry West): conceals 3 card surfaces in packet of 4
- Pairs Count (Larry West): variation of Smile Count
- The Spirit Count (Gene Castillon): a "2 and 2" count for packet of 4
Chapter 4: Spreads
- The Simple Spread: keeping a card concealed as packet is spread
- The Back Spread: backs up
- Buckle Count: using a buckling of the fingers
- Ascanio Spread (Arturo de Ascanio): concealing a card in a fair looking spread
- Details; Counts, Cuts, Moves And Subtlety - A Book of Basic Card Techniques
Details: ©1977 by Jerry Mentzer, Introduction by Larry West
Size 5 /12 by 8 1/2, 73 pages perfect bound, soft cover.
This is an excellent book about many of the basic moves used in card magic.
Over 70 black and white photos throughout.
Our BEST Seller with over 50,000 copies in Print!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.